The average person applies 300 chemicals to their body every single day, about 80 of them even before breakfast. In addition countless chemicals are lurking in your cleaning cabinets!
If you think the products on the shelves of a Supermarket are safe, think again. Out of 3 million chemicals in products only about 1% are tested and 3000 chemicals are added every year.
An article has recently made the rounds on facebook: “Cleaning products are just as bad as smoking 20 cigarettes a day, scientist warns” https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/cleaning-products-lungs-damage-cigarettes-smoking-20-day-scientists-warning-a8214051.html
Besides personal care products such as shampoo, body wash, soaps, these common household cleaning products are, in fact, poison our homes. Some of the biggest pollutant are: fabric softener, dryer sheets, air freshener, scented candles and cleaning products.
Besides cancer these chemicals can lead to hormone disruption, weight gain, infertility, Asthma, Alzheimer, ADH, allergies and many other diseases!
Using Essential Oils is such a better way! They are totally chemically free, steamed distilled or cold pressed from the plant. Essential oils are like the “blood” of the plant, they protect the plants from bacteria, viruses and other invaders.
Below is a list of my favourite essential oils for keeping the house clean and nice smelling:
Purification, blend is made up of six essential oils: Citronella, Lavandin, Lemongrass, Rosemary, Myrtle, and Tea Tree who work together to purify the air and create a refreshing, bright scent that keeps you and your family happy and comfortable
- Add a few drops to laundry to give your wash a great smell
- Diffuse 30 minutes 3 times a day to purify the air
- Place a few drops on cotton balls and stash them wherever necessary: the car, closets and drawers, air vents, or shoes.
- Use in the car with a USB Diffuser
- Refresh linens with a spritz of Purification, diluted with distilled water.
- Create an on-the-go air freshener with a spray bottle, distilled water, and Purification. Keep it in your bag to freshen up offices, public restrooms, hotel rooms, and cars.
Lemon essential oil is cold-pressed from the rinds of lemons. It has an an uplifting aroma and eliminates odors
- Put a few drops of lemon to clean grease and removal of sticky things such as glue or gum.
- Add a few drops of lemon in baking powder to clean my white kitchen table top and bathroom tiles or anything else which needs a bit more scrubbing!
- Make Lemon part of your beauty routine, adding it to skin care products to reduce the appearance of blemishes or to conditioner and DIY hair masques to give your hair a smoother, shinier look. Careful Lemon neat is sun sensitive!
- Diffuse Lemon alone or with other citrus essential oils such as Tangerine, Grapefruit, Orange, Bergamot.
LAVENDER (Lavandula angustifolia) has a scent that’s a wonderful blend of fresh, floral, clean, and calm. It’s this aroma that has made the flower a classic for perfumes, soaps, fresheners, and beauty products. Lavender oil is a great beginner oil and a must for every home because it is so versatile. From skin care products to relaxing routines, this oil can infuse many areas of your life.
- Treat yourself to this well-loved aroma by adding a few drops of oil to lotions, shampoos, and skin care products.
- Create a spa-like retreat by combining 1 cup Epsom salt and 4 drops oil and adding to a hot bath.
- Make a basic homemade body scrub with coconut oil, sugar, and Lavender essential oil.
- Unwind with a Lavender-infused neck or back massage.
- Use Lavender as part of your evening routine. Rub oil on the bottom of your feet before bed or spritz your pillow with distilled water and Lavender mixed in a spray bottle.
THIEVES® essential oil is a powerful combination of Clove, Lemon, Cinnamon, Eucalyptus Radiata, and Rosemary essential oils for an aromatic blend that fills any space with a rich, spicy aroma. Inspired by the legend of four 15th-century French thieves who formulated a special aromatic combination composed of clove, rosemary, and other botanicals used while robbing the dead and dying, but themselves never got sick.
- Diffuse this blend in a diffuser to keep yourself and your loved ones healthy!
- Add a few drops to a spray bottle with water and refresh your bath room, toilette and your hotel room when traveling
- Place a few drops on cotton balls and insert them into your shoes!
We have a complete range of products using the thieves blend. I am using everything from toothpaste, thieves soap to the house hold cleaner. The house hold cleaner may look expensive, but it is actually a concentrate and I hardly ever use it undiluted. I keep the old bottles (or use a spray bottle from an old cleaner (preferably organic) and do two different dilution:
1. For windows, kitchen table top, tables, practically everything:
1 cap of the thieves cleaner 2 to 3 cups of water (about 500 to 700ml)
2. For greasy stains (e.g. stove top after frying, wash basins, bathroom)
1 cap of the thieves cleaner in 1 cup of water (about 250ml)
There are about 60 to 65 capfuls in the 426ml size Thieves house hold cleaner. So you can make about 60 bottles of 500ml cleaner. In Singapore organic cleaner of that size cost you about 7 to 10$. The bottle of thieves house hold cleaner concentrate cost you only S$38 (member price). This works out to be 0.63 cents for 500ml or 1.26$ for one litre cleaner! So you are actually saving a lot of money even compared to the commercial cleaner which seem very cheap, but can be very expensive in the long run!
If you would like to learn more about ditching the chemicals out of your life, join our class on, 19 May 2018 from 2 to 4pm in Singapore (near Redhill MRT, exact Venue tba). Kindly register by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org or whatsapp: 97598675.